Let’s build beautiful web/app products together.
Creating and building products and prototypes in latest technology fields (App/Web, IoT, A.I., AR/VR, etc.) is the core competence of Motius. In order to not only develop these products on a high technical level, but also build appealing products satisfying the needs of the user, we look for you as a UI/UX Designer for digital products. If your job title is currently something like UI/UX Designer, Webdesigner, Media Designer, Interaction Designer, or Concept Artist, you should continue reading. If you want to go the complete journey from conception, ideation, customer meetings, workshops, sketches, iterations, mockups, design, and implementation, then you should continue reading.
You’ll support our engineering teams in various projects with customers like BMW, Siemens, Microsoft or Lufthansa as a Designer. It could be the draft of a B2B web app, the screen design of a mobile app, the complete user flow for a new digital service, or the look&feel of a deep learning software.
By and by the team around you will grow and you’ll learn with us to take over the central responsibility for UX and design quality of Motius products and lead the design team of a young tech company with 50-70 employees. If this sounds exciting, please send us your CV, motivational letter, and your portfolio to email@example.com. We’re looking forward to hearing from you. If you want to find out more about Motius and how we work, just scroll down.
- Degree or professional training in web design, graphic design, media design or similar
- At least one year of professional experience in designing digital products (app / web)
- We look for someone with 1-4 years of experience
- Focus on UI and visual design, preferably with good UX design skills
- Good communication skills in speaking and writing in English (German is a big plus due to some old-fashioned customers we work with)
- Familiar with modern UI frameworks (e.g. Material design)
- Designing web applications and mobile apps in every stage (draft, mockup, production ready)
- Defining and creating products out of vague ideas together with the Project Owners and the engineering teams
- Working on different products, usecases, and teams – our regular project duration is 4-6 months
- Being not limited to UI design, but also considering usability and user experience
- Following a two-weekly Scrum process using GitLab, Slack, Kanban, Continous Integration & Delivery, etc.
- Building up the design cluster at Motius with styleguides, templates, and best practices
- Collaborating with our freelancer network of other designers
- Unlimited fulltime contract at Motius HQ in Munich with competitive salary, bonus package, and personal development budget
- Working in interdisciplinary & international teams on diverse new tech products (mostly B2B focused) together with big industry players
- Creating great UX in agile environments and directly collaborating with the engineers
- Taking over responsibility quickly and being directly exposed to team-, user- and customer feedback (huge impact!)
- 10% of your working time reserved for learning, exploring, playing, and improving yourself
- Open-minded, collaborative, energetic and curious people that create a unique culture
OUR TECH STACK & INFRASTRUCTURE
You can pretty much choose your tool stack. We mostly use the whole Adobe Suite, Sketch, InVision, and sometimes Balsamiq. Our engineers mostly work on a Python (Django) or NodeJS setup and use ReactJS or VueJS in the Frontend. With a dedicated two-people DevOps & Infrastructure team we use a continous integration pipeline based on GitLab CI. We use Docker, Kubernetes, and Openshift for hosting and deployment. Except for that, everybody choses his/her own hardware and OS. We use Slack and O365 for communication and Nextcloud for file sharing.
OUR MANAGEMENT PROCESS
Our project management process follows Scrum principles with bi-weekly sprint reviews and retrospectives. A team is managed by a Team Lead in collaboration with a Project Owner. We use a digital Kanban board (Taiga or Jira) and GitLab for Issue Tracking.
Core team engineers track their time only on a weekly percentage basis and usually work 40h/week with peaks for deadlines / presentations. Flexible work arrangements are easily possible – the core team is usually in the office between 9:30 am and 5 pm with exceptions. Home office is possible at least once a month (and more in arrangement with your supervisor). Weekends are holy.
We invest 10% of our work time for learning and exploring new technologies, we call this time ELU. It’s basically at two-day company internal hackathon every month for creating prototypes and improving your skillset.
Every year, the core team is invited to a weekend Surprise Trip. We’ve already been to Muscat, Stockholm, and Riga (video is here)
TEAM & COMPANY CULTURE
If you ask the colleagues around here, attributes being mentioned are mostly: a very friendly, open-minded, and collaborative environment. People help each other, go have lunch together, and laugh and chat in the kitchen/lunch area. People here are curios, positive, and self-ironic. Most of them are interested in sports, tech topics (e.g. trends), and games.
We don’t have fixed desks at Motius. Rooms and areas have certain rules and furniture and therefore offer everybody to find a place where they can be productive, e.g. in a silent room, in areas with standing desks, couches, in different meeting rooms, in a workshop, or in an open space. But, remember to always lock your screen: if not, you’ll probably volunteer to bring a cake or muffins to the office.